source file audit - 2008-11-14

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 15:52:42 UTC 2008

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Here's attached another run of my sources/patches url checker.
> Sorry for the delay in re-running this.
>
> Hopefully I will start running it again at the first of each month.
>
> - There are 912 lines in this run. Up from 662 last run.
> This is a pretty sad increase. ;(

Just an idea; should rpmlint check for bad source URLs?  And should that
maybe get tied in to the commit/tag/build process somehow so you get
more direct feedback?

I'm most likely to fix this stuff if I'm in the middle of making some
other change, and an automatic check while I'm working on a package that
says "hey your source URL is no longer valid" would probably provoke me
to fix it quickly.  :)

-Eric