What do we need from Bugzilla? (was: My roadmap for a better Fedora)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 20:44:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Emmanuel Seyman <emmanuel.seyman at club-
> Sheer volume of bug reports will not improve development, especially
> if the increase is only in the form of duplicate bugs. In fact, this
> will slow down development because more time will have to be spent on
> bug triage, taking time away from bug fixing.

There really is no way of getting around the fact that for a lot of
bugs (other than crash reports like kerneloops) triage by an actual
human being may be the pacing item.  If we were going to make a
concerted effort to bring more people in to do triage can we stand up
a target? Do we know how many new bugs we have filed in a typical
week? Can we make a statement that we'd like to see individual
triagers triage X number of bugs in a day or a week on average?  Can
we those sort of numbers to put a target together for a triage
recruitment push? How many people do we need triaging for our current
bug ticket churn rate right now?

-jef