shortening time passed in bodhi?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 17:47:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 18:28 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Yes.  The compose process (particularly now that we're pushing out
> > updates for 8, 9, and 10) takes almost all of one work day, with only an
> > hour or two of prep time before the push, so at best you'll likely get
> > one per day.  I've been trying to do one at least every other day,
>
> What is exactly a 'compose'?

The compose is the process that:

1) gets a list of pending requests
2) signs them accordingly
3) asks bodhi to push the pending requests
4) moves packages within tags accordingly in koji
5) uses mash to create new repos for:
  5.1) dist-f8-updates
  5.2) dist-f8-updates-testing
  5.3) dist-f9-updates
  5.4) dist-f9-updates-testing
  5.5) dist-f10-updates
  5.6) dist-f10-updates-testing
6) makes those repos multilib (still mash here)
7) generates update metadata for the above repos (which updates are
bugfix, security, need reboot, etc...)
8) touch appropriate bugs in bugzilla based on bodhi requests
9) wait for rsync to finish
10) send mails to fedora-package-announce
11) set all states correct in bodhi itself for the pending requests

That's the rough outline, and I likely have a few of the steps out of
order, and some of that is done in parallel.  The more package updates
added (that is unique packages, not unique updates for a given package),
the longer the compose process takes as there is more to consider for
multilib, more packages for createrepo to fiddle with, etc...

> Is it what forces to go first in pending?

I'm not sure what you mean by this question.

> What about the other questions?

I'll look again.

--
Jesse Keating