RFC: Changing default filesystem parameters for power management reasons

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 12:20:49 UTC 2008

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:01:37 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't call iotop as easy to use at powertop. And the latter
>> afaics was such a success mainly because it was so easy to use.
>
> And because it had those nice 'press X to turn off Y' hints.

I've been looking at the existing system tap scripts lately for that and
most of them weren't aimed at that from what i could tell. I'm probably
going to rework one of them to basically do what powertop does for disk
io as i'm less interested in kb/sec reads and writes but more in
read/write operations per minute per process.

Regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Team Lead Core Services      | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111