new namespace?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 17:05:10 UTC 2008

2008/11/30 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 08:59:44PM +0100, Valent Turkovic wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm wondering if there was a discussion about this already so excuse
>> my question if it was. Is there a namespace on Fedora wiki for guides,
>> howtos, tutorials and similar articles?
>>
>> Where can and how see all tutorials, howtos and guides for Fedora on
>> Fedora wiki?
>
> No, and there should not be.  The Docs team and the folks working on
> wiki revitalization discussed this some time ago.  The wiki itself is
> supposed to be the place for those guides, not a subset thereof.
> Guides should not be kept in some "Howtos/Foobar" oddball hierarchy,
> but rather as "How_to_do_foobar" which makes it easier for people to
> find what they're looking for.

I understand you point but that is somebody doesn't want to search for
anything but wants to see what cool things can be done with Fedora. If
there would be someway of showing all howtos in one place that would
be great. Why? If somebody made some great Fedora tutorial or howto I
could follow that guide and learn. If I don't know what kind of guides
there are how am I supposed to search them?

You have an idea that people come to wiki only when then need to find
something, but what if they are coming on wiki for inspiration of for
some new thing to learn and not with definitive "I need to find how to
make printing work".

Hope this clarifies a bit why I still really strongly think that there
should be some way of categorising guides.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic