Post-beta bugfix phase

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 1 23:54:12 UTC 2008

We're now entering our post-beta phase of Fedora 10 development.  It is
during this time that Feature development should be done with, and
concentration should be put on bugfixing and polish.  As the reports
roll in from our Beta testers, please keep a mind toward stability with
the changes you introduce to the Fedora tree.  We now allow for early
branching of your packages so that you can keep the Fedora 10 changes to
a minimal and continue development of future software.

After this week we will be doing weekly snapshot attempts of the
distribution every Thursday/Friday.  These will be in the form of Live
images as well as traditional install images, when possible.  Due to the
amount of churn and the speed at which we need to make these available,
they will likely only be available via bittorrent, although I will be
looking into some limited mirror access.  Targetting these snapshots for
broader testing is a good idea, as it gives our users something to look
forward to and test more seriously than the day to day rawhide, and it
gives developers a good target.

Lets all work together and bring Fedora 10 forward, making it a great
release.

Some important upcoming dates.

Fri 2008-10-10: Documentation String Freeze
Mon 2008-10-20: Documentation Translation Deadline (PO Files complete)

Tue 2008-10-28: Final Development Freeze

Thanks!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!