No X in F10 beta, rawhide...

kwhiskerz kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:54:32 UTC 2008

This morning's updates fixed everything. I don't know whether it was the xorg i810 intel driver or what, but I am back to having 2 usable computers.

I tried putting i915.modeset=1 on the grub kernel boot line, but that gave me a moveable mouse pointer, no mouse buttons and no keyboard, and nothing was displayed in the plasma folder view widget. The system accepted no input whatsoever (not even Alt-SysRq - no keyboard).

I had to put nomodeset on the kernel boot line and now I am up and running again.

Thanks