Upgrading to F10 was a bad experience

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 20:10:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 20:44 +0200, Ahmed Kamal wrote:

> 2- Anaconda does not start in the correct wide screen resolution
> 1280x800. Nothing major, but still looks bad

Anaconda's UI is not scalable.  We try to start at 800x600 because
that's a conservative size and is therefore what the UI is designed for.

There is a corner case where we'll accept whatever resolution the X
server gives us, but it's not guaranteed.

> 8-  Well, right now I am writing this in konqueror, the arrow keys are
> not working as well ! Perhaps because of the way I started X

Something changed your XKB keyboard model away from evdev.  Don't do
that.

- ajax