[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Oct 10 14:08:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Dmitry Butskoy <buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru> wrote:

> This situation seems to be reflected in the Fedora project itself. Guess,
> how many Fedora infrastructure servers are run under the latest "stable"
> Fedora release?

Almost none.  The reason is simple - the Fedora project does not have
infinite resources, the most important of which is time.  As can be
seen from the recent intrusion, completely rebuilding the
infrastructure takes a lot of time and causes a lot of pain.  It's a
better use of human resources to use RHEL in the Fedora Infrastructure
so we don't have to be continually rebuilding systems and we can focus
our time on other things.

> And finally, when you will discover the actual situation, ask yourself --
> why Brasilian should use Fedora (and Fedora-based RHEL),
> when even Fedora's fathers do not use it for anything real?

What do you mean by "real" - I sit in front of Fedora systems almost
all day long.  Why doesn't that count as "real"?

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"