Package review backlog.

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Oct 10 16:50:08 UTC 2008

DW> When new contributors submit packages and can't get through the
DW> bureaucracy of getting them reviewed and approved, we are turning
DW> away the very people we should be embracing.

Please keep in mind that new contributors have an additional
bureaucratic overhead, the sponsor procedure, which complicates
matters well beyond the issue of the review backlog.  I have simply
given up sponsoring anyone until the maintainer containment stuff is
in place because its simply more expedient for me to spend my
unfortunately limited time on non-needsponsor reviews.

 - J<