Package review backlog.

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Oct 11 10:21:20 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:47:01AM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> John Poelstra wrote:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/4kt682
>> 1,212 open Package Review bugs
>
> Of those 1200 pachages awaiting review, 100 block FE_NEEDSPONSOR, so 1100
> are normal reviews submitted by people which are already contributers!

These numbers are partly misleading. Indeed many are merge reviews that
are... special, at least should not, in my opinion be counted like
other reviews since they are already in. And among the other many are in
progress and blocked by a change required somewhere, upstream, or in
other package or there is something not obvious in the package that
needs some work, it is not necessarily a lack of reviewers. In some way
having many active review bugs may be good if it is because the review
is serious and allow to have quality packages in only. So, in my opinion
the raw numbers don't mean a lot, what would be meaningful, would be, in
my opinion, the ratio of review requests that nobody had a look at over
the number of fedora contributors.

--
Pat