[Fwd: Wikipidia - Goodbye Red Hat and Fedora]

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sun Oct 12 10:25:39 UTC 2008

On Sun October 12 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> Look, saying 'yes, if you gather maintainers according to your plan,
> we'll let you use the fedora infras, if you find someone willing to sign
> your packages' doesn't cost any time. Gathering maintainers, just to
> find that there is no infra in the end is very costly.

I do not see why creating a wiki page with a table that contains the minimum
package set you want to support and people who would maintain it is very
costly. If you find the 50 or whatever amount of people it at least needs to
do this project, you will have good chances to be able to use the Fedora
infrastructure. If you want to do this with only 5 people, you do not even
much of an infrastructure.

Regards,
Till