Package warning - Rawhide

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 15:52:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 14:27 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> The PackageKit warning for every single unsigned package - which
> happens to be everything in rawhide is just plain annoying. Can't we
> do something nice about that?

Being honest, PackageKit should really just abort the transaction in the
unsigned case, as if the mirror has been compromised then we should fail
to upgrade an unsigned package. At the moment rawhide is wide open.

If prevented unsigned packages, nobody would be able to use rawhide at
all.

Maybe a setting in PackageKit.conf might be the best plan:

UnsignedPackages=abort|warn|allow

What do you guys think. Upstream we set this to abort, and patch the
package in rawhide to "allow" -- having F10 set to warn or abort.

Comments?

Richard.