reviving Fedora Legacy

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Oct 13 08:30:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 03:53 -0400, Ding Yi Chen wrote:

> [...]
That's the difference !!!!

You volunteered to support your packages in EPEL because RHEL is part of
your job. As a free and independent Fedora contributor, neither RHEL nor
EPEL are of any interest to me.

However I've repeatedly found myself in situations of being stuck with
EOL'ed Fedora => I'd offer to continue "keepalive maintenance" of my
packages for discontinued Fedora, if the related efforts can be kept
minimal.

> As for Fedora Legacy, just lack of critical mass.
Well, it certainly makes a difference if an enterprise's employees work
on several distros in parallel because these are part of their job (rsp.
the basis of their job) or whether somebody contributes packages on a
volunteered basis :)

Ralf