reviving Fedora Legacy

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Oct 13 12:56:59 UTC 2008

On 13.10.2008 14:18, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 11:35 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> Perhaps I've been inattentive; if so then I apologise. But could someone
> please state for the record precisely what they want when they ask for
> 'Fedora LTS', that CentOS doesn't provide?

Sounds stupid, but afaics it's just two:

(1) having Fedora in the name.

(2) having all the package available that are Fedora and Add-On repos ship

"1" sounds stupid, but afaics it's really a big problem for a lot of
people. They simply view CentOS as something completely different, which
  it IMHO not really is. Maybe Fedora and CentOS should merge? Or maybe
RH should simply start to distribute the RHEL bits freely.

Problem "2" is slowly getting fixed; EPEL now ships lots of those Fedora
packages that are missing in RHEL/CentOS. More are needed, but that will
happen over time. RPM Fusion will soon support RHEL/CentOS + EPEL as
well, so most things soon will just work similarly on Fedora and
RHEL/CentOS.

CU
knurd