reviving Fedora Legacy

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 14 00:44:17 UTC 2008

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> To put it a different way - would you buy a car whose extended warranty
> won't tell you what it covers, or for how long, and tells you it's subject
> to change *AT ANY TIME*? If so, I think I've got some cars to sell you.

Have you ever bought a used car?

People drive cars not under warranty because they know that, if
something goes wrong, they can either fix it themselves (for those who
are hobby mechanics) or pay someone to fix it. The same goes for a
distro; if you need an update and there is no support, you can always
build it yourself or pay someone to build it for you (which is, after
all, sort of the point of Free Software).

--
Matthew
"NT was a marketing name that stood for New Technology, but it was still