Plan for tomorrows (20081014) FESCO meeting

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Oct 14 20:53:24 UTC 2008

On Tue October 14 2008, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 01:45:01PM -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> > this mail and I'll add it to the schedule.  You can also propose topics
> > in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.
>
> I have drafted something for the possibility to keep infrastructure
> runnin after EOL based on the discussions:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pertusus/Draft_keeping_infra_open_for_E
>OL
>
> The discussion is still somehow on-going and there was no feedback on
> this draft, but I think that there was already many things said in the
> discussion and I hope to have faithfully transmitted the idea of the
> people in favor of the proposal. I didn't put what people opposing to
> the proposal object in the wiki, they can do it if they want to.

For how many Fedora Releases do you want to keep then infrastructure running
after EOL? E.g. in bodhi the oldest supported release is at the top of the
menu, having the releases there, that probably the majority of maintainers
does not care about at the top is not so nice. Maybe the UI can be adapted to
allow to specify which releases on is interested.

Will there be a script that orphans all packages of the EOL release for every
non interested maintainer in packagedb, so that the interested maintainers
can pick it up and the non interested maintainers do not get unecessary mail?

Regards,
Till