reviving Fedora Legacy

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Oct 15 17:00:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> If this all shall make sense and remain unbureaucratic and efficient,
> there must not be any "other repo" nor "other VCS" nor distrust.
>
> Seems to me as if some people around here are resistant to learning?

Learning what?

It seems folks proposing this madness failed to learn from how Fedora
Legacy failed.

I was there.  During the last year or so (when the updates were still
being cranked out regularly), there were about 2 or 3 folks who would
review proposed updates or try to put any significant work in it.

Unless we get a list of 20 maintainer-capable people willing to spend
time in doing security fixes (for _any_ package, not just their pet
packages), we shouldn't even be wasting time discussing this.

Is there such a list?  If you wish to continue with this, I'd suggest
you start collecting one at a wiki somewhere, where people could sign
and tell the terms under which they would be interested in
contributing.