default XFCE layout

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 16 01:16:47 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, den 12.10.2008, 01:59 +0300 schrieb Muayyad AlSadi:
> Hi, sorry I though you meant devel-list as a way to get it into F10
> and upstream them later

We have several tweaks in the panel configuration (trash, mailwatch,
etc) but we [1] want the basic panel layout (top and bottom panel) to
follow upstream.

> > If you have a **great idea** for a layout
> It's just a desktop layout it's not big deal nor rocket science
> I don't think we should upstream our fedora backgrounds to xfce!

There are some things I don't like in you layout:
      * pager is to small, if it has two rows you it does not show
        application icons any longer
      * window list is to small, at least on your screenshot
      * it's nearly a 1:1 copy of the default Windoze taskbar. I'm
        pretty sure this is _not_ what upstream wants. ;)

Also keep in mind that two panels don't use significant more resources
than one panel, it's still a single process. The only resource that is
actually used is screen size.

> do you have two fedora accounts
> .fasinso nirik
> .fasinfo kaven
>
> Fedora people should stop using two names :-)

Nirik has only one account. There is no kaven and kevin is Kevin Kofler.

Regards,
Christoph

[1] the Xfce SIG: nirik, mether and me