minimum memory requirements

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Thu Oct 16 10:21:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 11:47 +0300, Aioanei Rares wrote:

>         Gah, ignore me. I meant to install i386 earlier but wound up
>         installing
>         an x86_64 image which accounts for the difference. And the
>         docs agree
>         fully with my subsequent experience :)

> Either way, I think you're right...the req's are kinda high...

Well, yes. I will do an i386 install later and compare. I don't really
blame the *x86_64* figures for being so high, largely because any system
featuring an x86_64 probably never had less than 256MB RAM and 512MB
really isn't all that much to be expecting these days. It'd just be
nicer if we could install in a virtual machine with less allocated.

Jon.