Sendmail still default?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Fri Oct 17 18:55:49 UTC 2008

On Friday, 17 October 2008 at 15:13, Les Mikesell wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> >>the milter capability lets you extend it with features that don't
> >>share the full permissions of the main process yet can interact in
> >>real time during delivery.
> >
> >Milter is supported by alternatives too
>
> They pretend to, but won't actually run complex milters like MimeDefang.

Postfix will: http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?Milter
Milter and Postfix

The Postfix MTA implemented partial Milter support in version 2.3 and more
complete support in 2.4. See http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html for
details. MIMEDefang 2.63 works with Postfix.

> >Not that I particularly want to shoot ambulances, but those are not
> >good arguments.
>
> Sorry, but I don't see any counterargument here.  The alternatives are
> all worse.

Postfix is not worse. I'd argue that's it's better in every respect,
but I guess you wouldn't listen anyway and I'm a bit short on time.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."