Collapsing DVD and CD torrents into one

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sun Oct 19 20:40:41 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 11:32 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 02:27:53PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > I'd imagine other desktops have similar workflows when dealing with
> > torrent files, I'd think resorting to the command line to deal with them
> > would be a last resort for the people who need help getting Fedora
> > downloaded.
>
> It's not quite so easy if you've got > 1 machine on your home network
> and a typical NAT router.  I have the router set to point the
> bittorrent ports at a single machine on the network, so normally I
> have to copy the .torrent file over to that machine and then invoke
> 'bittorrent-curses foo.torrent' remotely.

This is the main reason I stopped using the text client.

GUI clients usually can manage multiple torrents under one port. And can
be set to use any port. I pick different ports on each machine and set
up forwards to each one. Problem solved.

Still a pain in the ass, but I haven't finished adding NAT-PMP support
to my router firmware yet...