Chaning the default icewm theme.

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 12:30:29 UTC 2008

> Gilboa Davara wrote:
>
> > Plus, at least for now, I rather have one theme across all platforms.
> >  Drop a mail to logo AT fedoraproject.org as indicated in
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo
> >
> > Already did (twice?). Didn't really get an answer :(
>
> Send a mail to fedora-art list then.

OK. If all else fails, I'll do it.
Any idea who can help me get access to RH's hat icon?

> >> Don't circumvent it.
> >
> > Lets try it again.
> > Assuming that my theme can auto-locate the distribution's logo and use
> > it. What's wrong with that? Legal issues aside, shouldn't icewm/CentOS
> > look somewhat different than icewm/RHEL or icewm/Fedora?
>
> I don't see any reason why it should look different.
>
> Rahul

... Because in KDE and GNOME the "start button" uses the distribution's
icon in both KDE and GNOME.
GNOME: [1], [2], [3] (Fedora, RHEL, CentOS)
KDE: [4], [5], [6] (Fedora, RHEL, CentOS)

- Gilboa
[1] http://news.softpedia.com/images/extra/LINUX/large/fedora9installationguide-large_027.png
[2] http://www.linux-mag.com/images/2007-04/redhat/Screenshot2.png
[3] http://it.seas.harvard.edu/operations/support/services/network-connectivity/screenshots_centos/centos5_open_terminal.png