Sendmail still default?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 13:08:59 UTC 2008

Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-10-18 at 16:13 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> And in any case, using MimeDefang as a sendmail milter eliminates most
>> of the complaints anyone would have with sendmail itself since it lets
>> you do the complex parts with control handled in perl instead of
>> sendmail's internal language.
>
> Man, if you imply perl is anything better, no wonders you defend
> sendmail :-)

Perl has done a lot of work for me (and lots of others) over the last
couple of decades, while most of the languages that claim to be better
haven't been able to work consistently from one year to the next, making
you rewrite everything because they can't pick a syntax that works.
Perl has only had one real syntax change from version 1 though 5, when
it started interpolating @ in double-quoted strings.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com