The Big ACL Opening

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Mon Oct 20 22:16:59 UTC 2008

tor 2008-10-16 klockan 19:14 +0200 skrev Lennart Poettering:

> Hmm, am I the only one who finds the choice of the term "überpackager"
> a bit questionnable?

No, after recently re-reading the new excellent Swedish translation of
"also spracht Zarathustra" I see I remember correctly that Nietzsche is
very clear that the "Über" state is not reachable, just possible to
strive for.

Using a term like "überpackager" profanes the original meaning, it's the
same mistake done by his sister and other problematic people over the
years.

So we really need to change this. Überpackagers cannot exist by
definition, but everyone should strive to become one nonetheless.

Linus
(This is written a bit tongue-in-cheek.)