xorg-x11-drv-evdev-7.0.1-2 bad!

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Oct 21 04:31:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 03:47:10PM +0300, George Billios wrote:
> > Summary from our short email exchange:
> > If you have an xorg.conf that registers an evdev device, this device will now
> > produce duplicate events. For most setups, you probably don't need it in your
> > xorg.conf because HAL picks it up anyway. If you really do, add option
> > "GrabDevice" "true" and that'll restore the old grabbing behaviour.

[...]
> Well I must agree that no device section worked better than I expected
> but it required manually editing the xorg.conf and deleting the
> respective section.
>
> What happens with all the people upgrading from F9? Will the Xorg rpm
> handle this?

xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.0.7-2 (just pushed, still warm) handles the last
use-case, avoiding duplicate events.

So we're basically back to all the old behaviours, but without the grab now.
F9 upgraders should only notice the difference if HAL is broken or they look
into the log files.

Cheers,
  Peter