help required for thoggen

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Oct 24 07:51:32 UTC 2008

On 24.10.2008 09:26, Rakesh Pandit wrote:
> http://thoggen.net/
> Can we have it in fedora. It rips DVD and supports Ogg/Theora (supported).
> Later on they are planning to add support to AVI/divx/mpeg4 And the
> required gstream codecs are on Livna or RPMFusion
>
> The program is very good and useful. So, I wanted it in.
> I am not sure about whether it legally acceptable?

Just FYI, thoggen is in RPM Fusion (came from freshrpms), so that
package might be a good base for a Fedora package in case thoggen is
acceptable in Fedora.

Ohh, and of course I'm all for moving packages from RPM Fusion to Fedora
if possible. Xine is also in RPM Fusion, but might be acceptable in
Fedora as well (we already have xine-lib in Fedora); somebody just needs
to take a closer look and submit it for review; the maintainers of xine
in freshrpms and livna afaics just didn't get around to drive that forward.

CU
knurd