Need a build chain in koji, not a chainbuild [SOLVED]

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Oct 27 20:02:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 07:02:04PM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Example of building a package called baz.
>       * Normal (sequentially) chain-build:
>         make chain-build CHAIN='foo bar'
>       * Grouped chain-build
>         make chain-build CHAIN='foo bar : foobar'
> In this example foo and bar are built in parallel, then foobar and baz
> are build in parallel too, while one (at least me) would expect it to be
> built after the previous packages in the chain. If baz fails because
> foobar is not ready yet, foobar will be canceled. Pretty confusing.
>
> So every time you start using groups, you have to use trailing colons
>         make chain-build CHAIN='foo bar : foobar :'
>
> Thanks to the people who helped me on IRC to figure this out. I will try
> to update the wiki to make this more clear later when I finished with
> Xfce.

I porposed something for make help some time ago, please see if you can
enhance it, but it tried to explain things like you do (I aws very
confused by the previous documentation). I'll update
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingKoji#Chained_builds
such that it matches make help output, but please propose any
enhancement.

--
Pat