X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Oct 28 15:22:50 UTC 2008

On 2008/10/28 15:51 (GMT+0100) Till Maas composed:

> On Tue October 28 2008, Dan Nicholson wrote:

>> Users who do not want a graphical boot set rc 3 as their default
>> runlevel, and everything is the same as it always was with getty on
>> tty1-6. If you then run startx, it will start on tty7. In rc 5, X is
>> started on tty1 and getty is not. That's all there is to it.

> What happens if one boots into runlevel 3 and then changes into runlevel 5?
> Will the login on tty1 then be killed and replaced by X?

I just did yum update, rebooted into runlevel 3, logged in on tty1, did
telinit 5, got kdm on vt7, switched to tty1, and found a normal shell prompt
following typical X startup messages, and kdm still on vt7. :-p
--
"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and
slow to become angry."		James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/