X on tty1 in Rawhide/F10

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 18:29:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 20:04 +0200, shmuel siegel wrote:
> There were also many alternatives mentioned in this thread. And reasons
> were given as to why this change is a bad idea. I haven't seen any
> response to the alternatives. The typical response to the objections
> were either "don't start a flame war" or "who cares about your use
> case". Is feedback wanted?

well this thread has gone pretty out of control, so any chance of
getting the people who were actually doing the work to look in on it is
probably not going to happen.

A more technical discussion, posed to the people who were making the
changes could perhaps result in a discussion about why the alternatives
either won't work, or weren't considered.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!