Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu Oct 30 04:45:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 08:13:54PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> And while this was just a naming change.. it was a big deal to the
> cultures involved. Technical changes on the other hand have a bigger

It *was* a big deal, because at that point, Red Hat had built up a solid
tradition of making really questionable .0 releases, decent .1 releases, and
great .2 releases.

Hmmm. If we consider 7.3 to _really_ be 8.0, 8 to really be 8.1, and 9 to be
8.2, this held true for that series too. Maybe even for FC1, FC2, and FC3.
:)

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Senior Systems Architect