Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 05:18:56 UTC 2008

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>> I'd expect most people who install fedora themselves to have at least
>> a couple of other OS's running concurrently.  Has anyone done a poll
>> about this recently?
>
> Why would you expect that?

Because it is experimental and high maintenance to run.  I expect that
people who choose it because it is 'new' will also be interested in
several other new distos for comparison, and people who have work that
needs to be done even if today's update crashes will have a more stable
system around or they'll run under VMware.  Plus, much of the point of
using unix-like systems is that they network well, so many users will
probably be running client-server setups just on general principles -
and they'll get tired of updating the server side at the rate needed to
maintain fedora.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com