Fedora on EEE?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 30 15:55:00 UTC 2008

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 October 2008 at 22:44, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> - Xandros (on my Asus EEE, and only because I haven't had time to find
>> something better; how's Fedora on those?)
>
> Fedora works great on those. I'm happily running F10 since snap2.
> All I needed was an akmod from rpmfusion (rt2860sta driver) and
> a pm quirk to re-enable screen after resume.

Cool. Got any "how to" pages handy?

Anyway, a couple question about Fedora on EEE...

- Does Fedora know about multi-touch? (The default Xandros uses
multi-touch for scrolling, not very reliable but still nice to have.)

- What FS is best? (Given that you're dealing with a SSD.) Also, does
the lack of swap cause any "interesting" problems? Any other caveats
related to the SSD?

- Does compiz run? ;-)

--
Matthew
This was, apparently, beyond her ken.  So far beyond her ken that she