Help Needed: Test pidgin-2.5.1 and Yahoo IM

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Sep 3 08:32:27 UTC 2008

Warren Togami wrote:
> Here is an opportunity for someone to test a failure that happened to
> me.  Upstream requested more information about this and a good
> write-up for reproducing, but I cannot prioritize working on this
> now.  (Working on getting Fedora Updates flowing...)
>
> If this is a real issue, upstream should know about it quickly.  This
> 2.5.1 plus additional fixes is likely to become the next version in
> RHEL-5.
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/pidgin-2.5.1-1.fc9
>
> * Install pidgin-2.5.1 on F-9.
> * Run pidgin with the -d option to get debugging output on the terminal.
> * Have someone else that you haven't talked to yet add you on Yahoo IM.
>   Do you see the authorization confirmation request in your Buddy List?
>   When you have both added each other, do you immediately see each
> other online?
>   Or do you need to restart pidgin to see each other?
> * Is this reproducible by removing each other from respective Buddy
> Lists and repeating the procedure?
>
> Warren Togami
> wtogami at redhat.com

I've got no F9 around but I've just tested on F7 (recompiled from the
latest available sources as downloaded from fedora cvs) and everything
seems OK.

For the record:

Name        : pidgin                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.5.1                             Vendor: (none)
Release     : 1.fc7                         Build Date: Mon 01 Sep 2008
11:11:07 AM EEST
Install Date: Mon 01 Sep 2008 11:17:17 AM EEST      Build Host:
wolfy.nobugconsulting.ro

I can also rebuild and test on Centos 5 if this is useful.