Dependency loops considered harmful?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 09:12:54 UTC 2008

> I am interesting in making sure that the people with the right
> motivation and the right skills find the right way to handle it.
> That's not going to happen just by telling the current maintainers who
> are abusing the available requires syntax that they are abusing the
> syntax and slapping their wrists.

One thing I had considered for PK was running through a large
"get-depends" output into the basename filter, so that the user only
sees the "applications[1]" by default, rather than a huge list.

Maybe one to play with.

Richard.

[1] well, the 'main' package generated from the srpm -- play with the
basename filter in gpk-application for an example