F10 Schedule

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 00:22:30 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler さんは書きました:
> Noriko Mizumoto <noriko <at> redhat.com> writes:
>> Currently 'Feature freeze' and 'String freeze' are same day. This makes
>> no room for translators to work. If we could have the string freeze 5
>> days before the feature freeze, all translators would be happy to
>> complete their work.
>
> You can get your translations in after the feature freeze. If you're quick and
> the maintainer is quick at updating the package, you can even get them tagged
> for the beta (ask rel-eng). Otherwise, they'll hit Rawhide just after the beta
> (or as soon as they're built if that's later) and make it into the RC and final
> release.

Thanks Kevin

We will try our best to be quick enough.  However if the maintainer is
not quick enough at updating with translation?, then our work would
simply not be included.
There are this much of languages for Fedora [1], and it should have some
window for translation.

[1]http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/

> The feature freeze is intended to apply to new features and to some extent new
> package versions (bugfix updates are OK after the freeze, major updates not
> really, especially for the packages at the core of the distribution), not
> translation updates. It also coincides with the beta freeze, but exemptions
> (i.e. tagging requests for the beta) are possible and missing the beta isn't
> that big a deal.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

The string freeze should be meant that the application is complete as
far as translatable strings are concerned.

I understand I come too late.
I will join the discussion for F11.
Thank you so much for all of your kind.

noriko