MinGW on Fedora - an update

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 10:10:46 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:54:16AM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > Dan Berrange (in particular) and myself (a little) have done quite a
> > bit more work on mingw in Fedora.
> >
> > We now have:
> >  - automatic dependency generation
> >  - automatic stripping of binaries
> >  - a collection of RPM macros which simplify writing spec files
> >  - ~10 working libraries
> >
> > Anyway, check out the development repository:
> >  http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel/
> >
> > Please read the README file first!
>
> ETA into fedora?

Too many unknowns to give any sensisble prediction. We're waiting on the
releng/infrastructure guys to create a dedicated build root for mingw
stuff, and set things to it publishes into a separate YUM repo as per
earlier Fedora Board decision[1].  I've no idea how hard/complex this
is, or how long it'll take. Once that's done then we need to bootstrap
the build, and get all the packages through review.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-07-15

Be nice to have it all done for F10, but no idea if that is practical
as the infrastructure team is very busy.

Daniel