MinGW on Fedora - an update

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 22:20:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> Too many unknowns to give any sensisble prediction. We're waiting on the
> releng/infrastructure guys to create a dedicated build root for mingw
> stuff, and set things to it publishes into a separate YUM repo as per
> earlier Fedora Board decision[1].  I've no idea how hard/complex this
> is, or how long it'll take. Once that's done then we need to bootstrap
> the build, and get all the packages through review.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2008-07-15
>
> Be nice to have it all done for F10, but no idea if that is practical
> as the infrastructure team is very busy.

As requested by FESCo, in the post-Board meeting discussion. I've put
together a strawman proposal on how to move forward:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jspaleta/Draft

Please have everyone in the MinGW SIG take a look at that strawman.
And please note this is a starting point for discussion as to specific
policies.   If this draft doesn't cover any specific concerns you have
moving forward let me know.  I've tried to write the draft in such a
way such that the policy issues before FESCo are orthogonal to the
issue of initial project resource allocation.

I've also put the MinGW Repository formation into the FESCo issue
tracker system:
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/2

I will be be in attendance at the FESCo meeting whenever FESCo takes
up the issue.  If the MinGW SIG is not ready to move forward with a
discussion with FESCo, let me know and I'll make sure the ticket isn't
acted on until a rep from MinGW SIG can be in attendance at the FESCo
meeting.

-jef