Why I'll leave fedora (french speaking people only) [1]

Johan Cwiklinski mailings at x-tnd.be
Sun Sep 7 13:20:37 UTC 2008

Denis Leroy a écrit :
> Vasile Gaburici wrote:
>> Well, I can read French. Reading that long diatribe on bugzilla
>> reminded me of some talk pages on less reputable forums and wikis...
>> Also, the "Zig Heil" in the email sent to this list is getting close
>> to Godwin's law.
>>
>> I'm not going to comment on the long-term ban because I don't know the
>> specifics, but I think a bit of moderation wouldn't hurt both sides in
>> this matter. If administrative abuse did happen, I'm sure there's a
>> civilized way to address it.
>
> Right, there is clearly a need for mediation here. I read one of the
> forum discussions that led to Alain's ban, and there is indeed
> evidence of some verbal abuse and unfortunate postings, evidence of
> someone having a bad linux day. While this is hardly an excuse, the
> month ban seems harsh. Alain feels he has been cut off from his main
> source of packaging technical help. Maybe we should create a
> fedora-devel-fr mailing list ?
>
> I don't know what happened about the IRC channels ban. Hopefully Johan
> can post the logs and explain.
>
> -denis

Hi,

I did not want to respond that thread, because it's an evidence that
insults is not the way to resolve anything, he is not asking any
question nor trying to resolve the problem ; an answer from me was not
asked nor required.

Anyways, as the people who can read french can see on the fedora-fr.org
forums, on the bugzilla, and here again, insults are more than present.
It was the same on the IRC channel.

About the duration of the initial ban on the forums, one other fedora-fr
admin told me that I was a bit excessive, and he tried to resolve the
problem. He was insulted too. By the way, that was this second person
who ban him from #fedora-devel-fr, he cames after that to #fedora-fr to
- once again! - insult the other admin, telling that he will bring suit,
and so on... I've banned him from #fedora-fr in consequence.

I'll no longer talk about this here, that's not the place. That problem
is not development related, for the development problem that was pointed
out, I give the solution on the bz, I had the same problem (as many
other contributor) recently, and could give an answer.

I do not care about what he is doing or not, nor about his feeling. He
had to be polite, he was not, even when we simply asked him to be. When
someone try to defend its position, he is again absolutely impolite...

I'm not the only admin on fedora-fr, he can complain about me or
whatever concerning fedora-fr to the relevant persons.

To conclude, he was banned for his impoliteness, and asks impolitely to
be deban. Is not there a problem ? He also says that he wants to fight
with me, what a solution to resolve a problem. With these attitude, I
can only stay on my position, and not answer longer to the messages that
could be posted here.

Regards,
Johan