To freeze, or not to freeze

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Tue Sep 9 05:00:40 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> Feature owners in particular, I'm interested in your opinions as to if
> you need a few more days to see what shape your features are in before
> we freeze.

I don't know what the status for the BetterWebcamSupport feature is I
must admit. I've been working my but of to get userspace support into
place, and that is in good shape for testing now. But the kernel side is
going through upstream, and the upstream subsystem maintainer was away
for a week, so he has only just send a pull request to Linus to get all
the work being done upstream (and then through upstream in rawhide).

I'll check when I'm in the office as the internet here in the hotel in
Brno is not usable to download kernel stuff.

Regards,

Hans