Lonely packages looking for cosy new owner

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 17:17:42 UTC 2008

Hans de Goede wrote:

>> lesstif
>
> Not owned by me, should not have been shown, buggy pkgdb ?? But we
> surely can use help here, so feel free to ask for co-maintainer rights.
>
>> lm_sensors
>
> Not owned by me (buggy pkgdb I guess), besides that I'm part of
> upstream, so I'll stay involved in this one.
>

>> vorbis-tools
>
> Not owned by me (again).

Since the rebuild there's been some issues with the owner/orphaned pages
in the packagedb and the notification list.  I'll add these to the list
of packages that have problems and try to figure out what's going on
later this week.

>> theora-exp
>
> As dead as a doornail (integrated into latest libtheora upstream
> releases), I guess pkgdb doesn't honor dead.package files in CVS, I'll
> orphan it.

Not yet.  Maploin has been revamping the status code recently, moving
away from keying on orphan at fp.o to keying on the status field in the
package listing.  The next step in that work will be to sync information
from cvs (dead.package files) and the old wiki pages in order to figure
out which packages are retired.

-Toshio