Boot speedup with readahead

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 18:24:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 14:16 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 14:14 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Here's a proof of concept plugin:
> > >
> > > http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/post-transaction-actions/
> >
> > Ok cool - with one small fix to the plugin, this simple action:
> >

> Thank you, I've applied this to the one I uploaded above.
>
> So this seems to work - now the question is - should we push for this to
> go into rpm instead?

Absolutely.  If it's going to exist at all, it needs to be in rpm.
Otherwise this and the corresponding rpm changes fail the litmus test of
"will my system be the same if I download the rpm(2) and run the
transaction manually using rpm as it is if I use yum to install the
rpm".  Any time you fail that litmus test, you've put the code in the
wrong place (at least IMO).

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194