modesetting feature status

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Sep 11 09:28:46 UTC 2008

Dave Airlie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So one of the features we've been trying to land for F10 that is a major
> change in how we deal with graphics hardware in the Linux world.

<snip>

Hi,

I own both an r200, r300 and r500 based card. Sofar I've refrained from filing
any modesettings related bugs, as the code is moving so fast that my bug would
be obsolete the next day. Would now be a good time to start filing bugs about
any issues I encounter? If not, when do you expect the code to be in a state
where you want to know about any regressions compared to F-9?

Thanks & Regards,

Hans