modesetting feature status

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Sep 11 15:06:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 17:18 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> For the beta we are only going to enable Radeon support for the r300 to
> r500 class of hardware, while we await upstream changes to the Intel
> driver.

... we really shouldn't shove in major changes like this for a
significant chunk of hardware post-beta.  Putting it in the beta means
that we get a relatively large chunk of testing done due to the
visibility surrounding the beta announce.  As well as having time to fix
large problems that are uncovered.  Later milestones both a) lack the
time for changes after them and b) the visibility.

> The intel mode code is more mature

Yeah, I've seen intel's "mature" code before.  Excuse me if this is
anything but reassuring.

Jeremy