modesetting feature status

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Sep 11 15:15:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 11:06 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> ... we really shouldn't shove in major changes like this for a
> significant chunk of hardware post-beta.  Putting it in the beta means
> that we get a relatively large chunk of testing done due to the
> visibility surrounding the beta announce.  As well as having time to fix
> large problems that are uncovered.  Later milestones both a) lack the
> time for changes after them and b) the visibility.

Yeah, I'm not so keen on doing all of this post-beta.  We've got enough
stability problems with F10 as it is.  This honestly feels like one of
those features that just isn't 'testable' by Beta, and thus needs to
enact the contingency plan.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KernelModesetting#Contingency_Plan

How do things look for that contingency plan.  Is it even possible at
this point?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!