Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Sep 15 13:24:26 UTC 2008

Le Lun 15 septembre 2008 15:03, Les Mikesell a écrit :

>>> Will you still be able to run a headless machine with its console
>>> redirected to a serial port?
>>
>> Why not ?
>
> I think I'm confused by the term 'non X consoles'.  Is that something
> different than the native text mode you see before X starts?

I think you have two different things. A VT to which you can attach an
X session, a serial port, a remote SSH, mingetty... and the software
stack used to display locally the VT text and collect user input.

I've no problem with the low-level VT bit. The current console
software stack OTOH has rotten and seriously needs replacement.

--
Nicolas Mailhot