Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Sep 15 14:59:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 18:41 +0400, Dmitry Butskoy wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 15:39 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
> >
> >> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> >>

> >>  > There is simply not enough console users [cut] to do anything but
> >>  > life support anymore.
> >>
> >> On what facts do you base that opinion ?
> >>

> > Probably, because most console users already quit using Fedora,
> >

> +1.
>
> And situation is worse than simply loss of a rare segment of the market.
>
> Who are "console users"? Most cases they are users who began for a long
> time ago (when GUI was either poor or unavailable).
Yep, this is likely one group (BTW: There are still situations, where
Fedora's GUI is either poor or unavailable). It's likely the same group
which is booting into "runlevel 3".

Other groups/use-cases, I see:
- Situations of emergency (Broken X-server, memory hogging-desktop
desktop apps etc.)
- Debugging.
- Machines without GUI installed.

Probably the latter is hard to imagine to the folks who came up this
proposal. Yes, folks, there are machines which are being used without a
GUI!

> Anyway, while Fedora is (still) considered as "general purpose disto",
> it should has console.
I regret having to state this, but I have been thinking Fedora has quit
being a "general purpose distro" for quite a while.

Ralf