Advice request for mono packages

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 12:29:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

There has been some discussion on the mono-developers forums about the
inclusion of prebuilt dlls (such as Mono.Cecil) and I have been alerted
to the fact that as Mono.Cecil does not have a stable API, the likes of
MD come with the source code included for Mono.Cecil and this should be
used in favour of any other version.

I have checked this and it is the case. The version of Mono.Cecil in
rawhide is not the same as the other versions around. I'm considering
repackaging MD with this in mind but would like the advice of others as
to the usefulness of this.

It is something which is important for mono based packages that provide
the source for non-GAC dlls and needs to be addressed in the packaging
guidelines (something which needs altering a tad IMHO).

I have second issue over packaging mono itself, but will address that in
another posting.

TTFN

Paul