Beware: External repos can break key transition

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 16 15:46:14 UTC 2008

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Thus yum will install the new xine-lib-extras-nonfree from Livna, but
> not the matching xine-lib from Fedora. Thus all apps that rely on xine
> will silently stop playing some videos that they were able to play
> beforehand.

Huh? If that happened, I'd sure file a bug... against either the
package, for having a broken Requires:, or against yum/rpm for ignoring
the Requires:. But I'm confused, because (at least in my case) yum
correctly refused to install xine-libs-extras-nonfree until the matching
xine-lib was also available, so I don't get how this would happen.

--
Matthew
There's no place like ~. -- Unknown