Tried Pulse Audio Again--No Good For A11y

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:46:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Chuck Anderson <cra at wpi.edu> wrote:
> That's ConsoleKit deactivating the streams on the non-active console.
> This is so mult-user-switching can work and each user can have their
> own audio.

Technically.. is it  PolicyKit or ConsoleKit doing the deactivation?
I always get confused as to which one of those is doing what.

Regardless, PolicyKit's authorization mechanisms both on the cmdline
and the gui should be usable to change how access control for the
streams work to widen the access scope to sound devices to any user at
the console and not just the active console..or even wider if desired.

-jef